Blue's UnBashful Blog

Blue's UnBashful Blog

Sunday, July 21, 2019

"38" is not too late!

The word "Great" ( 38 is going to be great) sounded too cheesy and felt too obvious for describing my anticipated 38th trip around the sun.  "Late" rhymes and I dig the theme, "38 is not too late" because it's not.  All of the previous years from 0-37 were all learning and gaining experiences.  Last year was magical, full of epiphanies, healing, and letting go.  I feel like I've been setting up, getting ready for now and for what's to come.  It's not too late to go "balls to the wall" and do the things that I've been putting off due to fear or doubt or whatever the reason.   These last couple of months I've been quiet as far as blog posting, but I've been busy. I've also been working through "writer's block" and a creativity block in general.  It happens.

I needed some more healing.  PTSD as fascinating as it is for me (psychology background) it's not something that goes away, it's a process of healing and learning to cope.  I peeled back so many layers of myself and did a lot of work but there was more.  There were and are more layers to work on and things I needed to process.  I've been discovering more about myself , where I've been, and where I want to go.  In addition to some emotional stuff I've physically been working through what my body has been holding onto.

Trauma not only affects us mentally and emotionally but also physically.  I have some serious aches and pains from being in a state of fight or flight for so long.  I also had such a "yang" (active/ running/ triathlon)) lifestyle that I really need more "yin" before I can balance out and find the "happy-medium" (and hopefully get back to running and triathlon).  I earned my yin yoga certification and through that process really recognized what I already knew but was not accepting which was less yang, more yin.  No running, no strenuous movements, more slow flow and yin yoga, more swimming, more meditation. I need more gentle activities and less or none of what I had been doing.  That was a realization and decision that I begrudgingly made.  I also observed that I need to exercise my brain and my creativity more  so I started learning how to play the ukulele.  

I'm enjoying working on my business health coaching, reiki, yoga, and essential oils.  I'm working on expanding/ creating something similar but different and working with a business coach to help me bring my vision to life  (totally vague until I'm ready to share).  I'm looking forward to having a space to provide reiki in September.  I had an enlightening ten day experience toward the end of May as I completed my first vipassana meditation retreat.  I've been soaking up thoughtful/thoughtless experience and look forward to sharing all about it in a blog post soon.  

My birthday was perfect.  It was a rainy day here in MIAMI and I spent the day with Angelo and Bruiser.  I spent the weekend in advanced 300 hour yoga teacher training with fellow yogis.  I'm looking forward to my 38th trip around the sun, it's going to be GREAT!  




No comments:

Post a Comment