Blue's UnBashful Blog

Blue's UnBashful Blog

Thursday, November 22, 2018

Oh so Thankful....moving to North Miami Beach and Following my Intuition!

As most people headed out to the bars last night I headed to the beach with the most amazing human I have ever met, Angelo. We stared up at the stars while listening to the ocean, under the almost full moon, while engulfed by a warm breeze.  Next Wednesday I sign the lease to my new apartment! I've been living in a fully furnished vacation rental.  It's been amazing and a great location (Key Biscayne) while I "Adjusted" to big city life and moving so far away.  But too isolating and too "vacation-y".  Which has been great but I can't relax forever, I need to do!  



I love my new apartment, the amnetities, the area...everything.  I was completely overwhelmed in looking for apartments when I started the process.  My plan was to move to this vacation rental (I secured until Dec. 20) and then just go with the flow when I got here.   I did that but trying to find a place to live down here is insane, probably because there are so many options and variables.  I wasn't sure if I should buy or rent or where to go.  I had a few things that I had to have, like pet friendly, gated, etc......






After spending much time on apartment search apps, I asked God/ the universe ...."Please let me find a place quickly, and please give me signs so that I know it's where I'm to go".  So, I was searching and this brand new complex popped up in one of my search feeds..."Lazul".  The name sounded familiar then I recalled that Azul meant Blue in Spanish.  I thought, ok I gotta check this one out.  Lapis Lazuli is one of my favorite stones/ colors that is related to awakening....and is BLUE.    SO, I went to check it out.  It's amazing with pool, dog park and grooming, yoga studio, gym, the apartments have soaking tubs which is a huge bonus as I love my baths,  etc.  I'm taking the tour and I thought to myself, "ok, universe I need some help.  I want to be on the 3rd floor, and I want to face the river, I want the 1 bedroom layout because there is more sunlight than with the studio, and I want the #8 in my room because the #8 has been dominating this journey of mine this year." So, I asked my tour guide, "Can you show me room # 308?" , while thinking if it meets my criteria then it's a sign.  

She showed me apartment # 308 and it was a 1 bedroom layout, facing the river...ok!  I don't like to make decisions quickly, I like to think on it, sleep on it, and allow my intuition to guide me.  I left the apartment and started driving around the area to check it out.  Yoga studios, down the street from Oleta State Park, tennis courts, golf course, Whole Foods, and close to the ocean and the bay!  My anxiety and my fear was creeping in.  I was thinking, is this the right place?  Should I keep looking?  Signing a year lease is a big commitment and I wasn't sure.  I went ahead with the application and then left the rest up to the universe.  

I checked the mail a few days after and a friend that makes bracelets and other amazing things sent me a personalized  bracelet with..... Lazuli, I laughed as I opened it because it was beautiful but also a sign.  I had a feeling to check the brochure I was given while I was on the tour.  I had a question about the yoga studio and felt compelled to call them at that moment.  I looked at the brochure and noticed the 10 digit phone number contains 5 number # "8"'s.  OK, ok, this is the place.  As soon as I made that statement, I had a feeling of peace and knowing that this is where I was to move!  

I have always had amazing intuition and gut feelings but I mostly let fear and anxiety and other people's opinions lead me in the opposite direction in which case I was always left with thoughts of regret and thinking, "I should've followed my gut".  This year I listened to my intuition all the way and it lead me to Miami and led to awakening myself and really becoming who I was meant to be all along. 

In the months leading up to finishing my 4 year political term, I had dreams of taking an extended vacation to Florida.  I also just wanted to get away from that bad energy.  But, I was super overweight and wouldn't be caught dead in a bathing suit so I filed those dreams into the "not going to happen" file in my brain.  Deep down I didn't want to run away from my feelings either.  Regardless of where you go, your bad habits, thought patterns, and negative feelings WILL haunt you. Happiness is an inside job, the external doesn't matter.   So, I stayed not only because I thought it was unrealistic but also because I wanted to heal myself.   Looking back on this journey, once I addressed my ego and my fears and started to "let go" of the past, the expectations, and more....everything....LITERALLY EVERYTHING has fallen into place.  I'm now living what I have been dreaming and what I have been manifesting.  I "had the power all along", I just needed to let go.  A year ago, I was still struggling with ending my life, but I held on because I didn't want to hurt my family and because deep down I knew things would get better.  I just didn't realize they would get sooo much better.  



My gratitude used to be a "fake it til you make it practice", now it's legit and very real every single day!  I still have challenges and anxiety and fear pops into my thoughts but I am able to quickly shut that down and override it with the amazing things in life.  I FEEL, literally FEEL the gratitude and in doing so it keeps coming back to me.   Believe, Love, Understand, Empower.....It's a cycle, it's a process, I lived it, am living it, and it worked and keeps working!  




No comments:

Post a Comment