Blue's UnBashful Blog

Blue's UnBashful Blog

Saturday, November 10, 2018

41st Annual Key Biscayne Lighthouse Run 5k

Another race with bay and ocean views and...... sunshine!  And....heat!  Whew, I am still getting used to running in the heat and humidity.  I didn't feel like I was overheating as much as I did during the Freaky 4 miler but I was overheating a little bit.  I'm enjoying listening to my body and recognizing little things like overheating.  My run felt strong, I didn't stop to walk, and my lungs and body felt good.  It was another flat run.  Which is funny because I always complained about hills back in Ohio but I'm finding the flatness a tad bit boring.  So, I just look left or right and see the beautiful views and it's all good.  In a way I'm starting over but because I have been active in other activities like paddling and swimming every day in Portugal for a month and having a strong yoga practice since I arrived I feel good, like I'm not starting over entirely.  I do need to work on my speedwork and of course endurance and 'heat" training.   It will be interesting to see how I do as I add on the miles.  I'm super excited as I train for the Miami Half Marathon in January.  There is an amazing overpass here that is great for hill repeats but I miss running in the woods.  The traffic and flatness don't work in my favor, yet.  Honestly, it all comes down to the mental game and how I can make the boring flatness and overstimulating traffic work for me.  Running in the woods, I didn't get bored because I was in the moment, focused on my next steps so that I didn't trip over a tree root, rock, or slip on some leaves.   Road running is different but it's also where I started my passion for running.  

Music helps!  I'm having a hard time with carrying music.  I have my old Ipod shuffle thing that has music downloaded from itunes but I can't figure out how to upload or change or make a playlist from itunes to my ipod and I'm in need of new stuff....  My music on the ipod is outdated and overplayed.  My ipod also has all the music on it (like the slow jams and the tunes that are good for chillin', not running) so I have to fiddle around and skip over many songs.  On the other hand, I have my big ass stupid galaxy phone.  It's bulky as hell but it gets spotify which I can easily make playlists and change the music, etc.....BUT it's a pain to carry because it's so big and the wireless headphones that I have for it are super bulky.  Come on technology....can I have a device small like my ipod but with the capability to listen to spotify without having to pay an arm and a leg for new music like I do with Itunes?  For the love of Buddha, why does this not exist?  Or does it?  Any ideas?  No, I don't want to wear an arm band for my phone, I don't like them.  I like my ipod thing because it is small and clipped to my sports bra. Any ideas let me know!!!

The run was great, it was a 5 minute drive from my condo so that was nice.  It was well organized though two restroom stalls for the women was a challenge.  Oh, and the dudes wearing overpowering cologne that I can still taste in my mouth was irritating.  (Why, why, why?).  I love seeing so many kids out participating in these runs, it's amazing!  

When I came home,  I did a mediation and took a brief nap before heading to an amazing yoga class at Wynwood Yoga Studio then I came home and laid by the pool...with my new thong bikini bottoms and super white ass.  Yes, thong bikini bottoms.  I have gone from avoiding the outdoors because I was too fat to one piece "old-lady" swim suits, to a two piece,  and now a two piece with a thong bikini.  Psssh, body images?  Later!  I am seriously loving my body.  Stretch marks cellulite, chunky bits, all of it!  My body is amazing, it has been through a lot and I lost 60 +lbs since leaving politics, so I will let the sun shine where "the sun don't usually shine".  Here in Miami, it really doesn't matter, people don't judge as much and that helps.   If I added up all the time that I stressed over my body, what others thought, and all the times it was an issue it would add up to years!!! Years wasted!  I digress, there will be another blog about body image issues down the road...stay tuned!  Suns out, ass out!  

I love these pictures...so much blue!  











No comments:

Post a Comment