Blue's UnBashful Blog

Blue's UnBashful Blog

Sunday, October 14, 2018

I'm in Miami....I MOVED to Miami!

I made it!  I am in Miami, Florida!  If you only follow my blog and not my social media this post may be surprising.  I moved to Miami, Florida.  This year has been quite the whirlwind from letting go of material things, emotional things, physical things to finding my voice, ending my time with status quo and being stagnant, to following my heart, my intuition, and my soul.

I visited Miami in January and thought, "I wish I could move here, just pack up everything and start over".  When I came home,  I couldn't stop thinking about Miami, the vibes, the energy, and the connection I had felt.  On a whim, I booked another trip down in April.  I remember the plane landing and me thinking,  "What the freak did I just do?  How did I get here?  Did I really just have the balls to take a solo trip to this intimidating city to follow my heart, intuition, and soul?  Did I just decide take a chance on something?  Holy shit, I did."  After this trip, I remember thinking to myself, "I don't want to leave Miami, I'm being pulled here, what is happening?  This feeling is overwhelming, something I never felt before." and, "I think I could move to Miami".  I booked another trip for May.

May's trip was different, I took a giant leap of faith and decided to stay with a man I had met ( eye contact in January that woke me up and pushed me from caterpillar to butterfly rapidly and then I formally met him when I went back in April).  May's trip back to Miami included letting go of a lot and REALLY trusting the universe.  I thought, "I've been through some shit, what's the worse that could happen?  Everything "bad" or "traumatizing" happened within 5+ miles of my home so why not get away some more?" I was done playing it super safe and comfortable, that wasn't working for me.  It was time to shake things up....a lot.  And I was ready.   It was amazing.

The thoughts in my head after this trip progressed rapidly from, "I don't want to leave Miami, I need to be here" to when I got home that evening, 'I think I'm going to move to Miami", to 3 days later, "I'm moving to Miami".   It was a decision I kept to myself for a little bit.  I wanted to make sure I was truly listening to my intuition.  The universe sent me many signs that really gave me that "aha  feeling, I'm supposed to move to Miami".  I told my parents and a few close friends.  I announced it on social media in June.   I quickly began preparing to move 1100 miles away from what I had always known, my comfort zone, my safety nets, everything.  From putting my house on the market, to selling most of my belongings, throwing away most of my belongings, and wrapping up all loose ends.  What a process it is to completely pack up and move ones' entire life.  My plan was to only take what would fit in my car, that's it. Oh, and my little dog  too!

I did it!  Well, of course I did.  Duh!  I've literally done everything in my life that I said I would do.  I make things happen.  I came back from a month in Portugal and still had so much to do as far as packing, eliminating, and saying "see you later" to friends and family.  I originally wanted to be in Miami by October 8th but then I was driven to move it to leave on Friday Sept. 28th and to make it to Miami by Monday Oct. 1.  Here I am, about to start my 3rd week living in Miami, Florida.

No comments:

Post a Comment