Blue's UnBashful Blog

Blue's UnBashful Blog

Monday, May 11, 2015

Nashville......PART ONE

I ran a half in Nashville, just to see how it felt.  I hope you get that sentence.   If not, it's ok.  To my recollection, I was on Pintrest (looking at things non related to food and crafts) and found the Nashville Country Music Marathon and Half Marathon on a top 10 list of races to do.  I felt that it was close enough for me to drive....so why not?  I signed up! 

A few weeks, or months, I don't remember.... Yoga Girl, Rachel Brathen, announced that she was going on a U.S. tour in honor of her debut book, Yoga Girl.  I was so excited that she was going on tour, I immediately checked the places and dates.  Holy shit, she will be in Nashville the same weekend as my half marathon?!?!?  Wowsa.  It was meant to be.  I have been following Yoga Girl for quite some time.  Her eloquent, raw, honest writing drew me in immediately, her amazing and beautiful yoga poses struck me as fascinating.  I had to meet this amazing yogi. 

After following her facebook page for weeks, registration for her tour was finally open.  I remember going into a yoga class on that day and at that time that registration opened, thinking that I would sign up after my yoga class.  I blissfully walked out of yoga, stepped into my car and proceeded to do the usual checking of the phone and email.  I checked out yoga girls page and clicked on the links to sign up.  Holy shit, SOLD OUT!!  Awe man, what a bummer.  I really thought it was meant to be. 

Life proceeds, as it always does.  Ready or not, here is life....moving on, moving on......

So a couple of weeks later or months?  I don't remember.  Yoga Girl sent out a notification.....she was adding classes to some locations.  HOLY SHIT!  I immediately dropped everything to check out her page and see what locations.........HOLY FRIGGIN' SHIT.....she added a 2nd class for Nashville....the DAY AFTER MY HALF MARATHON!  Holy alignment of the stars batman!  THIS was meant to be!  Hell yes, I signed up immediately and secured a spot!

TO BE CONTINUED!

No comments:

Post a Comment