Blue's UnBashful Blog

Blue's UnBashful Blog

Wednesday, May 30, 2012

rest, relax, retrain, repeat

I think the recovery from a big race is just as crazy as the taper.  For the most part I'm rested up from the full marathon it's time to get back to triathlon training.  I had a nice week and a half off being lazy and acting goofy.  I can tell that I haven't been training because I'm starting to feel less confident, more anxious, emotional ups and downs, and I feel chubby....blah!  Swimming, biking, and running provides me with so much and I'm grateful that I am able to participate in such activities!

I ran my first 5k as Mayor over the weekend, running the first 5k race that I ever participated in.  I was so happy to have my friend Julie run with me and it was her first 5k ever!  She ran the whole race.  I love watching others reach goals, it makes me happy.  Go Jules! 

Back to the training Friday morning, I'm looking forward to some improvements this race season.  I really hope that I can drop 15-20 pounds to help with speed among other things . I'll be doing my usual races, I'm not sure if I will attempt the 2 mile open water swim again or If I'll just stick with the 1 mile, and I'm absolutely doing the half Rev3 again. 

I wasn't going to do any more large fundraisers for this year but I am committed to raising over $3,000 for Girls with Sole for Team Lula at the Rev3.  After reading Liz's book, I feel that is something I need to do for many reasons.  Liz is amazing, Girls with Sole is desperately needed, and I believe in the organization's mission.  It's a great way to give back to something and to someone who has helped me in so many different ways. 

Summer reminds me to "Live in the sunshine, swim the sea, drink the wild air" - Ralph Waldo Emerson



No comments:

Post a Comment