Blue's UnBashful Blog

Blue's UnBashful Blog

Tuesday, May 29, 2012

My life would be incomplete if I had not known you

A while back I wrote a poem called Peace to the Heart.  I'm not all bitter with regards to love and  happy endings; and, periodically I get inspired by a movie, a song or sometimes things just come to me....this is a poem that I wrote after seeing the preview for Snow White and The Huntsman.  It's inspired by my romantic hopefulness. 

My life would be incomplete if I had not known you

Like the lotus rising Above the dirt in the water
They laugh at me like I’m a boisterous child
But the breath from me you took
My heart fills up with a giddy laughter
Like the calm after the storm
You took my heart
Which I thought could never be captured
And If all else fails at least I know
The powerful grip that love enraptures
The yin to my yang
I cannot find the words to explain
The powerful love
You have proven to me
But if my hearts last beat were to take
The love I feel for you
Is truly great
And for you I thank for the sincerity which I never thought to exist
My life would be incomplete if I had not known you.


No comments:

Post a Comment