Blue's UnBashful Blog

Blue's UnBashful Blog

Friday, May 18, 2012

Empower it forward

The word "Empower" is such a strong word and an important part of B.L.U.E.  I enjoy using the Allegory of Plato's Cave to explain my own process of becoming empowered.  For such a long time I was in the cave, staring at the shadows on the wall, ignorant to reality.




Reflecting back on my life, I can pin-point the times in which I started to journey outside of the cave.  I am so thankful for the people who have helped me see the beauty on the outside of the cave and the reality of living. My first personal trainer started the process back in 2007 or 2008; he helped me complete my first triathlon and really pushed me outside of my comfort zone.  Though I was still going through so many ups and downs during this time the one thing that kept me from completely taking off down a bad path was triathlon. 




A couple of years later I met more people and though I was still stuck in the cave at this time, I kept turning my head back out of curiousity knowing that something better was out there.  Another trainer pushed me outside of my comfort zone, I met more people, took more chances, and faced more fears.



I believe it is through the people I met during the years of 2010 and 2011that I was dragged out of the cave and really started to understand that I have control over my life, anything is possible, and life is beautiful.  I have met and reconnected with many more amazing people since who continue to support my reality.



There are days when negative people get the best of me and I take a walk back down to the cave; but, I refuse to become prisoner to the shadows and eventually run back out into the light.




Our paths cross for a reason and I'm so thankful for all of the people in my life who have been amazing role models, telling me that anything is possible and that dreams do come true.  If I had a magic wand I would help everyone turn their heads and drag each one out of the cave; but, I can't change everyone and I can't make people do anything.  I'm making it my mission in life to be a role model to others, to spark as much positive change in people that I can, and to empower it forward. 

"Sometimes it's not about the journey or the destination..but about the people you meet along the way."

I believe anything is possible.  I love unconditionally. I strive to understand others and continue to understand myself and this beautiful life.  I am empowered and will do what I can to empower others. 






B.L.U.E.

No comments:

Post a Comment