Blue's UnBashful Blog

Blue's UnBashful Blog

Monday, March 19, 2012

Life is good and this weather is great!

I am amazed at how much  things have changed over the last year.  I remember this time last year being very anxious for warmer weather and the racing season to begin.  It felt like the winter would never end.  The weather we have had has been amazing and it is helping my energy levels. With all of my work and personal endeavors, time has been flying!

Friday I completed my longest run of the year, 12 miles.  I'm 1.1 miles away from unknown running territory and I'm 14.2 miles away from running my first marathon.  I felt that Friday's run was strong although I did feel a little bit slower than usual.  The previous weekend I was overwhelmed with stress and bonked on my long run.  It's amazing how much mental focus and mental toughness is needed for these long runs. 

I was able to relax a bit over the weekend for the first time in months. I wrapped up an MBA class and have began another.  Besides being a little bit behind on my reading for school and in other areas I'm feeling rejuvenated and focused.  I'm excited to step out of the circle I've been running around and ready to move forward. 

Thanks to a friend and my trainer, I was able to watch the movies, Food Inc. as well as Forks Over Knives. Both were very eye-opening and have prompted me to change my eating habits.  I'm in the process of switching to a more organic and vegan food lifestyle.  It's not my intention to become extreme with this change but it is my intention to become more aware and to give a strong effort towards healthy food choices.   I've already noticed significant postive changes in how I feel by reducing my meat intake and eating more organic.  I have more energy and I feel more satisfied.  I'll be trying many new green smootie recipies after this week and I can't wait to feel the effects. 

The Mmarathon is a few weeks away and I'm making good progress on my fundraising efforts.  I'm over a third of the way complete.  I will have a fundraising event in May at Psycle in Westlake.  I have a few more ideas and am confident that I can raise enough money to reach my goal and to make an impact in the efforts against fighting cancer. 

I'm heading into some tough training weeks but I'm really excited to reach these new goals. 

Life is good and the sunshine is making everything even better!



No comments:

Post a Comment