Blue's UnBashful Blog

Blue's UnBashful Blog

Monday, September 14, 2020

The MEG left the MIA

 Follow #themeginthemia  on social media for the history 💙

August 29th, Angelo and I and our little dog too made the trip north.  Not too far north but north enough.  We arrived in North Carolina late that afternoon.  

We had been wanting to move out of the "big city" but not making the time to execute.  Then, COVID hit.  Everything shut down.  Our income dropped significantly.  I felt trapped in Florida and was also stressed the heck out!  I wanted to get out of there asap.  After being extremely reactive, I gathered my wits and began the process of looking where to go.  I remember the Blue Ridge mountains taking my breath away on the drive from Ohio to Miami and I wanted to be near there.  I distinctly remember on that drive down thinking to myself, "I'm going to live near these mountains".  Nearly 2 years later, here we are.  

Miami was a good experience.  Alas, it's not for me.  Traffic, rude people, insane cost of living, cut- throat culture, superficial spirituality, and such.  I've been detoxing, in a way, from Miami since landing in N.C.  I'm inspired to write more after a long hiatus.  

In the following posts I'll share the adventure as well as some tips, tricks, treats, and warnings that we learned the hard way during the moving process.  







💙  


No comments:

Post a Comment