Blue's UnBashful Blog

Blue's UnBashful Blog

Monday, December 31, 2018

Thank You, 2018, Thank You!

  Well, this was the most life-changing, most amazing, most magical, most terrifying year of my 37 years on this earth!  Wow.  Prior to 2018, I was healing and moving on but it was at a slow pace and I wasn't quite sure of a few things.  There was more that I needed for healing and moving on and letting go but I wasn't sure what that meant or how to make it happen.  Prior to 2018 I was slowly creeping forward at a nice walking pace and then 2018 arrived and I went into full on sprint mode.  I still have much more work to do but I have a much better sense of what it is I need to work on and where to focus my attention for continued growth and development.  I am thoroughly enjoying the process and this journey and feel incredibly lucky and blessed for everything that 2018 brought into my life.  Things are falling into place and life just makes more sense to me.   I have a much better understanding of everything.
Ironically, 2018 started out with a visit to Miami, Florida and is now ending with me living in Miami, Florida.  I feel like Miami played a huge role in my life this year for many reasons.  There is no doubt in my mind that I was pulled to Miami and without doubt I am supposed to be living here right now. I am proud of myself for not only recognizing that pull and listening to my intuition but to following through and having the tremendous amount of courage to follow my intuition and to make it happen.  It was a huge move, I'm still impressed of and proud of myself.  Nice job, Megs!  

This was a remarkable year for personal development, facing fears, releasing and letting go of anything that didn't serve me, opening my heart (and all the other chakras!), and taking huge leaps of faith.  I completed yoga teacher training (200 hours), completed Reiki Master certification, followed my heart back to Miami on a huge leap of faith and have loved like I have never loved before.  I literally shed my clothing as I started out in a one- piece bathing suit, ended up letting go of body issues, went full on skinny dipping after paddling to an island,  and ended up the year rocking a bikini with a Brazilian bottom.  I went swimming in the great, wide open ocean after flying across the ocean!  I did all things that scared me, that were out of my comfort zone, that challenged me, and as a result changed me for the much better!  

I learned so much about myself as I faced these challenges and fears.  I learned so much about life and being mindful. I tried new things!  I took a lot risks that became rewards.  I'm so excited about 2019 and have no doubt I will face more fears and challenges; but, I feel grounded and balanced and ready for whatever happens. 

I found amazing yoga studios in Miami and look forward to starting my 300 hour advanced yoga teacher training at an amazing studio across the street from me!   I found an amazing gym just down the street.  I'm excited to train for half marathons and triathlons and facing my fear of open water swimming in the ocean!  I'm incredibly blessed and thankful to be able to be so close to the ocean that I can visit everyday if I choose!  I'm looking forward to my first Vipassana meditation retreat in May.  This will be a huge challenge in so many ways and I'm a bit scared but I feel that it's going to be powerful and I will learn so much.  I will also be attending Eckhart Tolle's event in Miami in April followed by his wife's workshop, Presence in Movement, both programs that have been relevant in my life and this process and it will be cool to check them out in person in Miami!  I look forward to lots of love, water, and exploration.  I look forward to helping others through reiki, yoga, and health coaching. Giving back and empowering others to heal themselves and become the best versions of themselves is a mission of mine, as I have done for myself and have been blessed to have had amazing coaches and spiritual guides.  

New Year's Eve, I usually hang with the family at The Unicorn in Grafton ( IF I do anything).  I'm laying low in my apartment tonight, finished my 2019 vision board, did some journaling, spent the day at the beach after an amazing workout at The FitShop NMB, and taking a hot bath in my amazing tub, followed by an early bed (if the fireworks don't keep me up, ha!).  I'm looking forward to a workout at The FitShop NMB in the am and maybe some yoga if I can find a class, and.....time at the beach!  


Thank you all for continuing to read my blog, I started this thing in 2009/ 2010 to help heal after an abusive relationship and I've continued to use this blog as a way to illustrate my continued healing from that trauma but also other traumas and things that have occurred since, Wow!  A lot has happened since then. I debated deleting the blog and starting over but glad I have kept it going.  I'm excited to see the "hits" growing to over a 100 clicks each post....thank you!!!  Follow my facebook, instagram, and facebook pages too....don't miss out!


May your 2019 be filled with Believing, Loving, Understanding, and Empowering!  

Much love and gratitude, 

xoxo

Megan

No comments:

Post a Comment