Blue's UnBashful Blog

Blue's UnBashful Blog

Wednesday, March 1, 2017

Coconut Oil

Coconut Oil is amazing!


I found yet another use for coconut oil and I have to share! Make up Remover!  I don't like to promote a product for something unless I have personally tried it (and liked it).  My apologies for not trying it as a make up remover sooner! 

I use coconut oil every am in my decaf coffee with a drop of cinnamon essential oil (NOT ALL ESSENTIAL OILS CAN BE TAKEN INTERNALLY, contact me if interested!  Megan@bluemindbodysoul.com).  It is not only great flavor but is an amazing GOOD fat as well!

I use coconut oil when cooking- as a substitute for butter and olive oil. I use coconut oil for "oil pulling"- I take a spoonful and swish it around in my mouth for 10 to 20 minutes then spit it out in the garbage (not the sink).  Oil Pulling has amazing benefits from cavity prevention and healing to fresh breath and sinus relief.  I often add essential oils like oregano and peppermint for immune defense and fresh breath. 

I use coconut oil in my homemade face wash that I use daily (equal parts coconut oil and baking soda plus a few drops of essential oils like Frankincense, lemon, and melalcuca).  It works wonders on my super sensitive skin with roscea.I use coconut oil in my hair as a deep conditioner, as a shaving cream, as a skin moisturizer for face and body, or for....make up remover!!!

I don't wear much make up, buying a make up remover from the store is expensive and can have a ton of added chemicals.  PLUS, I have never used anything that didn't leave behind racoon eyes or that didn't burn my eye.... except for coconut oil!

I have a tub of coconut oil for external use and for internal use. For external use, I typically just "grab" it from the tub. 

For makeup remover, I simply take a small spoonful and then wipe it off the spoon with a cotton swab  (or just swab the cotton straight from the tub) , and wipe the make up off .  It removes ALL the make up with one swipe.  But wait there's more.....it also moisturizes my eyes and face.  REMEMBER, your skin is your largest organ, what you put on your skin goes in your body!  



I also use fractionated coconut oil when diluting or blending my essential oils.  There are a million uses for coconut oil, it is truly a must have product in your kitchen and in your bathroom!

No comments:

Post a Comment