Blue's UnBashful Blog

Blue's UnBashful Blog

Tuesday, November 18, 2014

It Happens

Saturday August 9th I woke up a bit late.  My plan was to head down to the trails to run in the woods.  I took Bruiser for his morning walk and on the way back, my neighbor's dog slipped through its leash making a mad dash.  I immediately took over running in my flip flops to help catch the little guy with no success.  As I returned home I wrote down my cell phone number to take to my neighbor to help spread the word of her missing pet.  Upon doing so I tripped in the concrete edge between sidewalk and driveway.  Ouch!

I scraped and bruised my knee badly but I sprained my ankle.  Devastation rushed to my face as tears poured out, no one was in sight to help.  I crawled back inside and called my mom for help.  I don't buy plastic bags that were now needed for ice and I was not sure if I should go to the emergency room or not.  Alas, I immediately started R.I.C.E.  My mom talked me into taking ibuprofen for the swelling (something that took a lot of convincing since I don't take any type of pills for anything- I practice natural and organic remedies).  I took the ibuprofen on the clock for fear that my ankle would not heal as quickly as I needed.  August!  I had an open water swim meet scheduled for the next day and two triathlons (my 2 favorite) on schedule. 

After exhausting every swear word and pent up anger that had nothing to do with my ankle, I finally accepted the fact that I needed to rest and August would be a recovery month.  Indeed it was.  I hobbled around and continuously repeated R.I.C.E. day in and day out.  I finally learned that things happen beyond my control and I have to deal with these things as they happen.  I got knocked down again....but I got up again. 

Be like water, go with the flow.....no worries , it happens <3



Believe Love Understand Empower

No comments:

Post a Comment