Blue's UnBashful Blog

Blue's UnBashful Blog

Saturday, November 29, 2014

Akron Half Marathon

 
Saturday September 27th I ran the Akron Half Marathon.  This was a very emotional day for me.  In 2013 I was to run this race.  A dear friend of mine lost his young daughter on September 27th, 2013.  I spent that day consoling him and his wife.  It was very upsetting, it is terribly sad to lose a loved one especially so very young.  After making a terrible decision later that night I missed this race. 

 
This year I was prepared and ready to run!  I woke up extra early to miss the traffic.  It appeared I was the first one there.  I spent the time in my car reading and reflecting. 
 
The course was challenging with lots of hills.  The crowd was amazing, cheering the runners on.  The weather was perfect, I saw many friends, and the first part of the race was amazing.  The second half was a bit more challenging due to starting out too fast. 
 
Even though it was a tough course, I am tougher ♡ I dropped last year's race shirt at the half way point. I am so blessed and thankful for what it represented; but, I don't need that baggage and negative energy anymore Life would be boring without hills and bland without lemons.  
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment