Blue's UnBashful Blog

Blue's UnBashful Blog

Sunday, September 16, 2012

3 Things that I'm enjoying right now

In lieu of some trying times I'm getting back to the basics and focusing more on things which I feel are important for growth, progress, and happiness.  With the help of these 3 things that I'm enjoying right now, I'm feeling better.

1. Friends and family.  I've reconnected with some old friends, made some new friends, and have been surrounding myself with positive, supportive people.  I've had several dinners, events, lunches, and outings over the past few weeks with great friends, had several "intelligent conversations" and opened up to complete strangers.  Sometimes, we just need people to listen and I'm thankful for those who may not live close to me but are always there for me!  I'm also greatful for the wonderful role models in my life.  I've enjoyed catching up with my family and just being goofy.  Laughing and letting loose lifts one's soul!

2. School and reading.  I'm enjoying the new conversations and debates with classmates and with friends.  Though my schedule is very tight, I'm making room for reading that is helpful to me.  I've been researching the Axial Ages and Buddha and this is helping me remember what is important and what I need to focus on going forward. 

3. Yoga and strength training.  Yoga is helping me become more mindful.  I'm looking forward to practicing 2 times a week at the least.  My strength training is coming along, my trainer is awesome and who doesn't love muscle?  I'm thinking about exploring boxing a little bit more.  I was told I was a natural and I've always wanted to step in a ring for a match or two. 

Believing, Loving, Understanding, Empowering.  I'm revisiting the basic things that helped me through tough times in years past.  I may have fallen down a few times but I'll always get back up and regain my balance.  One cannot grow without falling. 

Fall down 7 times, get up 8. 

No comments:

Post a Comment