Blue's UnBashful Blog

Blue's UnBashful Blog

Thursday, May 10, 2012

Just Be: A Memory of my Grandpa

Days like today remind me of my Grandpa.  Beautiful, sunny, picturesque weather.  When it was warm enough he would sit outside.  He would just sit, quietly.  If it was cold he enjoyed sitting inside but in the area where the sun was shinning through the window.  I could immediately tell that he was most peaceful when he was in this position.  Just sitting and being, possibly thinking or reflecting back on his life or thinking philosophical thoughts.  Some times I would ask him what he was thinking and he would either share a wide variety of stories, wisdom, and thoughts or he would just say that he was just sitting or resting his eyes. 

I find comfort, peace, safety, and love among nature.  It's an enigma that I appreciate every chance that I can.  I look forward to the simple pleasures and joys in life. 


I wonder what words of wisdom my Grandpa would have to share with me today.

No comments:

Post a Comment