Blue's UnBashful Blog

Blue's UnBashful Blog

Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Shut the Head Up!

Shut the Head up, seriously, shut it up! All of that negative chatter, all of that doubt, all of that second guessing that goes on in your head....shut it up!

For so many years I've had so much negativity filling up this head of mine.  When I had bad relationships I was thinking that I couldn't do anything or be myself.  For so many years I was afraid to try new things, afraid of failure, afraid of rejection, afraid of offending someone, afraid of doing things on my own.  Don't get me wrong, I still do have these thoughts from time to time but the negativity is becoming more scarce and I'm conquering more fears, and I've had so much fun and have met so many incredible people.  I've done things that I never thought I would do, met people that I would have never met if I hadn't shut the Head up.

Triathlon season is about to start with my first Olympic distance on Sunday.  I've only done sprint distances the past 3 years.  The last couple of weeks my head became full of negative chatter and it physically wore me out.  I did my first brick workout a few weeks ago and totally bonked and started doubting myself since then.  I became tired and sick and wanted to hibernate.  Today, after a nap I forced myself to get on my bike and get back on my schedule and do my last brick workout before Sunday.  I felt great, it was short but I worked through the heaviness off the bike and I feel so much better.  With that being said, it's all in my head.  I've trained for the distance I'm about to do Sunday, I'm ready, I can do this.  One crappy workout cannot hold me down. 

Sometimes it takes a few falls, a few set backs, a few downs, to remind us that yes we can.  Yes we can do this! Whatever happens Sunday, I'm going to have fun doing what I enjoy doing, with amazing athletes, and I'm going to just do it!

Whatever your fears are, whatever your doubts are, it's all in your head- Shut the Head up! Fill your head, your heart, and your mind with B.L.U.E. and go balls to the wall because this is your life, you never know when your time is up- enjoy the ride and have no regrets!

Let's get this Triathlon season started!

No comments:

Post a Comment