Blue's UnBashful Blog

Blue's UnBashful Blog

Wednesday, June 22, 2011

A man of many hats

I knew a man, a very strong, hard working man he had an abundance of good words to share, words of wisdom, words of encouragement, words of unconditional love
this man knew everything
religion, math, life he knew it all and I was so eager to hear his thoughts
and even though I was stubborn and fiesty, and even when I tested everyone's love ...he stood by my side
he taught me how to build things, how to appreciate life's gifts, how to work hard
I pushed many buttons but he never gave up, he believed in me, he knew I would prove them wrong
he appreciated my stubborness and my willingness to learn
this man showed me unconditional love when others were afraid
he allowed me to be myself even though he may have disagreed

this man was taken from me on a day that I will never forget,
it was a Monday, June 23, 2003
I will never forget the chance I had to visit him one last time, the chance I didn't take
I will never forget the call my dad made around noon that day
and I will never forget the pain I felt and the hole that was left
I will never ever forget this man, my Grandpa Guidosh, my biggest fan

I can't believe how long it has been since you've been gone
I'd give anything for another conversation, to hear your words of encouragement
I mourn your death but your memory helps me carry on
I'll continue to be your strong girl
and when things get tough I hear your voice, I feel your spirit
your words echo in my head and I'll keep doing as you said
My Dear Grandpa Guidosh, I love you lots and miss you much

September 1919- June 2003



No comments:

Post a Comment