Blue's UnBashful Blog

Blue's UnBashful Blog

Sunday, May 15, 2011

young rebel girl vs cowardly little lion

young rebel girl
you die your hair a different color each week
young rebel girl
you listen to that rap music blaring in your accident prone car while speeding recklessly through the street
young rebel girl
you stick out like a sore thumb, you're the black sheep
young rebel girl
you smoke those cigarettes and blaze that weed
young rebel girl
you experiment with drugs and you look  so cheap
young rebel girl
you're under age but you still drink
young rebel girl
you'll never make it in this world with your antisocial ways
young rebel girl
you're so embarassing please stay away
young rebel girl
you're not good enough, it's such a shame and waste

Cowardly little lion
did you know that my self esteem is so low that I hate being alive
cowardly little lion
did you know that I like to inflict pain on my body to take away pain that I feel inside
cowardly little lion
did you know that I feel your disgust coming from your eyes with each glance upon my face
cowardly little lion
did you know that Im desperate for attention and love but I can't do anything right so I act out in plain sight
cowardly little lion
did you know that I was raped and I like to hide underneath my clothes you call cheap
cowardly little lion
did you know that your influence is not good enough for me thus creating my desperate ways?
Cowardly little lion
did you know how much pain I felt while you were worried about yourself?

while many young rebel girls become lost in the system or become addicts there are young rebel girls who take a different route

the dyed hair becomes natural, beautiful, and attention grabbing
the loud obnoxious music becomes the soundtrack in the journey of a young fighter with glorious wins
all of the accidents and mistakes of the past become a recipe for strength and laughs of a rebellious past
while you wanted to keep her hidden or away everyone wants to see her now
all of the drugs and abuse self inflicted upon her fragile body created the realization of such a precious life where health is appreciated and living is not taken for granted
everything else becomes a mere obstacle to overcome, a hurdle to jump over, a challenge to conquer

And so the young rebel girl becomes the strong young woman full of joy and peace while the cowardly little lion is still cowardly, bitter, jealous, and unhappy. 

As a peer don't bully the young rebel girl, as an adult notice the signs and be the guiding light
cowardly little lions come in all ages, genders, and roles- it's not up to you to judge others, it's best to show love

No matter the cicumstances no matter the obstacle a young rebel girl can change....all she has to do is Believe Love Understand and Empower

No comments:

Post a Comment