Blue's UnBashful Blog

Blue's UnBashful Blog

Thursday, March 24, 2011

The Silent Bully

If you know me, then you know how passionate I am about fighting cancer and how much I hate bullying.  Cancer IS a silent bully. I lost another friend on Tuesday March 22 to cancer.  It doesn't matter what type of cancer- I hate them all.  I've lost friends and family to all cancers.  Young and old.  For those who fought the battle with cancer and won- good game!!  For those who lost the battle and are Angels, I promise I will continue to fight the battle.  I found the below poem at a Susan G. Komen race a few years back when a long time friend of the family passed away from Breast Cancer....

**What Cancer Cannot Do**

Cancer cannot cripple love,
It actually makes it overflow.
Cancer cannot shatter Hope,
It actually clarifies what hope is for.
Cancer cannot corrode Faith,
It actually strengthens faith's convictions.
Cancer cannot conquer the Spirit
because courage faces cancer's affliction

********

Cancer may have won a few fights but it will not win the battle
Cancer may have taken many friends and family from me but I'm still here and I will fight for them

I realize I said I would only do 2 fundraisers this year but I didn't get a chance to say good-bye to Helen; Helen was a strong woman and she always enjoyed hearing of my triathlons and races.  Saturday April 2nd is a fundraiser for the Relay for Life at Ride + Workout in Lakewood.  In honor of Helen and all of those who cannot fight I will kick some ass on this day and have signed up for 6 workouts- from 6:30 AM-5:30PM.  I would like to raise $200 at least.  If you are interested in helping me kick some ass- please help me make a donation or join me!

Please contact me via email at mflanigan@generalplug.com

Let's teach this bully a lesson!

XOXOXO

Believe Love Understand Empower

Stay Blue!

No comments:

Post a Comment