I think just about everyone makes resolutions for New Years; One thing that I've learned how to do well through the many new years and through living and learning is how to keep those resolutions. I love making attainable goals and and conquering them- the sense of accomplishment when finished and the fun in working towards something is worth the hassle of making a list!
I have also found that writing them down helps as a reminder.
For the first time, I want to share my goals for the new year. There are things I want to accomplish and there are things I want to change or reinforce behaviorally.
1. Read a book a month or at least 12 books this new year. I have so many books on so many great subjects- I just need to focus and make the time to read! To obtain this goal I'm going to write about the books when I'm finished.
2. Work on being more open and more social. I'm such an introvert and a nervous nelly in social situations that often times I just stay home. I will make the effort to meet new people and will stop being so damn shy.
3. Races! I really want to get my 5k Run time under 30 minutes. I've always been a slow runner and it sucks but most importantly I think I can change. I've already made some changes with regards to my gear and form that should help. I've lost 25 pounds and am working on losing at least 15 more. This will help a lot, I'm sure. I want to knock off at least 10 minutes on my Sprint triathlon distance overall. I would like to complete an Olympic Triathlon distance this year and complete 3 additional triathlons (sprint distance). I would like to finally use a wet suit during the swim portion- if the water isn't too warm :) I would really like to knock off at least 5 minutes on the bike. I want to complete a 10k and a half marathon this year. (at least- if I can do a full marathon that would be great!)
4. I want to go camping!!! I've never been camping and I really want to go camping- in a tent for at least 1 night! I may need some help on this one.
5. White water rafting- I went when I was a kid and I liked it and want to do it this year.
6. at least 150 people signed up for the Lorain County Red Cross 5k this year- last year or soon to be last year we were a little over a 100. This will be our 2nd year and the Red Cross really needs the help!
7. working on more patience, more running, more water, less spending and more saving! Less worrying and second guessing myself. Duh!
8. ride my Harley more- this last year I didn't ride because it wouldn't start- now i know what's wrong with it and can fix it so....I have to ride!
9. I really want a new entertainment center- the one I have is from college and it's pretty flimsy. So this will go on my list too.
10. Cross country skiing
11. Do 2 fundraising events this year.... I will need help with this one :)
So there it is- 11 things for 2011- don't think about it, just do it!
stay tuned for the progress and pictures and if you want some help with your resolutions, let me know and I will help in any way that I can!