Blue's UnBashful Blog

Blue's UnBashful Blog

Friday, March 14, 2014

What ya training for?

I am so excited to have my 2014 race schedule planned out, it's going to be such a fun year.  While I enjoy the longer distances, I now realize that I just don't have the time to dedicate to long distances; I do however desperately miss the triathlon and running community  There is an enormous amount of positive energy, an incredible positive atmosphere, and a sense of overwhelming belongingness (is that a word?) that I feel when I participate in triathlons, road races, trail races, etc.  I was practicing with my yoga teacher the other day (I have been practicing with her for over 3 years) and she asked me what I am training for this year...my answer?  " My sanity". 

We both chuckled; But, I am training for my sanity.  I want to soak up every single finish line, every "go girl", "get it", "you can do it", I want to soak up every single positive feedback possible while getting all of my responsibilities taken care of all while maintaining my sense of self and fulfilling my dreams!  In addition I think the shorter distances will allow more time for me to focus on my yoga practice as well as it is very important to me. So, therein lies the balance....positive/negative, good/bad, happy/sad, etc. 

I have many goals that I am working towards this year, various certifications, etc. The most important thing that I am training for this year is my sanity, and my balance.  It's just not possible to be happy when the negativity in life is enormously outweighed by the positive.  I'm really looking forward to the season and seeing all of my awesome friends! 

Race season will start off with the Malachi 5miler Saturday March 15th! 




No comments:

Post a Comment