Blue's UnBashful Blog

Blue's UnBashful Blog

Sunday, October 28, 2012

Dirty Feet 8k

October 14th I ran the Dirty Feet 8k trail race in Medina, Ohio. I absolutely love running in the woods but I've been intimidated because most of my friends are so speedy. However, I always say that you have to train with faster to become faster! I had a bit of fun the night before the race because I assumed it would be "easier" because of the "shorter" distance.  Yikes! The day before I completed a 2 hour trail run and wiped out, busting my knee a little bit.  It happens....nonetheless I was just out there to have a good time! I saw a lot of my friends at the race and as always, met some new awesome trail runners! 


I started out pretty fast, this hurt me around mile 3 when I started to feel sluggish. The course was a mountain bike trail and was narrow but it wasn't nearly as hilly as the trail in Cuyahoga Valley National Park.  I enjoyed every minute, meeting new people as I was passed or as I passed others.  Everyone is so friendly!  I was way overdressed (for some reason, I haven't mastered what to wear on trail runs.  I'm always freezing to begin with but then overheating 1-2 miles into a run.).  
 

The above picture sums up the race...all smiles!  My goal was to finish in under an hour but my final time was 1:05/ 13/ mile  and I can live with that!  My goal over the winter months is to shed pounds and gain speed in all 3 triathlon disciplines.  I'm looking forward to more trail runs :)  

No comments:

Post a Comment