Blue's UnBashful Blog

Blue's UnBashful Blog

Sunday, December 22, 2013

Mental Mojo

Over the last 2 years I've lost my "mental mojo".  In other words, I've lost my mental toughness and most of my ability to let go, let live, and focus.  The year 2011 was the best year for me mentally, I was able to challenge my body and mind with such feats as a half-ironman, various triathlons, and numerous fear conquering feats.  I noticed this mojo disappearing when I was training for my first full marathon in 2012.  I just couldn't get through the long runs without thinking about all of the new, emotionally, and mentally draining stresses.  I had mastered the art of living in the present, letting go of negativity and was easily able to remove myself from negative situations; but, things changed and I received more new, exciting, yet daunting challenges that were, at the time, quite draining to say the least.

Surrounded by ridiculous bullying, naysayers, and not being able to get goals and projects done as fast as I had hoped(I'm afraid to even look at my 2013 goal list), in addition to exhausting so much energy on such negative and immature "obstacles", I felt like I was in a washing machine on super spin cycle..... repeat....repeat.....repeat.  I've mentally been fairly stagnant for quite sometime, unsure of how to deal with such pettiness while juggling all responsibilities and squeezing in time for myself.  Did I mention it's exhausting?  I became comfortable and assumed that after swimming 1.2 miles, biking 56, and running 13.1 miles, or running 26.2 miles, or running over 17 miles in the woods that I could handle anything.   I need to adapt faster, learn more, get over stuff, ignore the unnecessary, and move on. 

One can easily get caught up in the "drama" of these negative people/ obstacles.  Who's got time for gossip, rumors, and making one's life miserable?  (apparently some people do have time for such).  Alas, I don't have time for that, I have things that need to be accomplished and a life to be lived. 

I'm feeling very blessed that I have finally understood the above and I'm really looking forward to mastering a new level of mental toughness.  I'm thankful for the opportunity to grow even more as I move forward.  For the rest of this year I'm letting go, practicing gratitude, going with the flow, and really focusing on the negative thinking. 


 It's easy to focus on the old, to hold grudges, to want revenge, and to let those haters, players, naysayers, and energy drainers take up space in your mind...but it will only drain you and those against you will end up winning. Focus on your goals, stay the course, and smile while you move forward and leave the rest in the dust.  And always, always, always, Believe, Love, Understand, and Empower! <3   I know I can, I know I can, I know I can.   Check out this link for some motivation 

 
 
"IF THERE'S NO ENEMY WITHIN, THE ENEMY OUTSIDE CAN DO US NO HARM"   African Proverb

No comments:

Post a Comment